Becoming a Member
Members of ARCS Foundation Minnesota are women committed to advancing science in America. Women who join the Minnesota Chapter do so to contribute to the support of outstanding students at the University of Minnesota.
The Minnesota Chapter is one of 17 ARCS Foundation Chapters nationwide. The Chapter has been certified for fisixve years and has 25 members dedicated to making a difference in students’ lives and in the future of America.
Activities throughout the year are opportunities to learn more about scientific research and advances, including presentations by our scholars.
We enjoy the company of other forward-thinking and interesting women who commit their time, money, and talents. If you are interested in joining the Minnesota Chapter of ARCS Foundation, Inc., please complete the on-line membership application
- Be a catalyst to the scientific, technological, medical and economic development of the state of Minnesota.
- Make a difference in the life of an outstanding American student.
- Attend lectures and social events that include behind-the-scenes visits to sites of cutting-edge scientific and technological research.
- Participate in scientific field trips to venues not generally open to the public.
- Meet and mingle with ARCS Foundation Minnesota scholars, scientists and university faculty.
- Develop friendships with other women leaders in Minnesota.
The Scholar Awards Event is the highlight of our membership year. At the event, our scholars are presented with their awards, and members . The First Annual ARCS Foundation Minnesota Scholar Awards Event was held October 20, 2010 at the Campus Club in the University’s Coffman Memorial Union. Our first two scholars were Coty Jens, (Mechanical Egineering) and Justin Levandoski, (Computer Science and Engineering).
The Membership Process
The Minnesota Chapter welcomes all women who support our mission. ARCS Foundation Minnesota membership is open to all women who are interested in contributing to the cause of advancing science in America, thereby enhancing our nation’s capacity for innovation and leadership in discoveries that directly affect our health, our quality of life and our competitive edge in the world’s economy.
Steps to Membership
- Talk with a member of the Minnesota Chapter for information about our organization.
- Complete your application and submit it online with your dues payment.
- We will notify you by email when your application is accepted.
Upon Membership Acceptance
- Pay the yearly assessment of $250: $150 directly to the Scholar Awards Fund and $100 to the operating budget (pro-rated for members joining after the start of the fiscal year).
- Participate on committees.
- Attend monthly programs or events.
- Attend the annual meeting in May and the Scholar Awards Event in October.
If you are interested in joining the Minnesota Chapter of ARCS Foundation, Inc., please complete the on-line membership application