2014 National Annual Meeting
Salt Lake City
September 17 – 20, 2014
“Peak Experience: Cutting Edge Science in the Wasatch”
>> To register, scroll down to the bottom of this page. <<
Event registration ends on September 1, 2014
Take advantage of the early bird event discount by registering and paying by August 15!!!
Hotel registration ends on August 22, 2014
Dear ARCS Foundation Members,
I am so excited to invite you to the 2014 ARCS Foundation National Annual Meeting (NAM) taking place in Salt Lake City from September 17-20 at the beautiful Grand America Hotel. The glorious Wasatch Mountains will surround you as you gather for a wonderful experience with your ARCS Foundation friends from around the country.
Judith Miller and her committee have put together an exciting three days of pertinent workshops, lectures from world-renowned scientists, fabulous dinners, and fun field trips. We will kick-off our meeting with cocktails at The Point at the Huntsman Cancer Institute overlooking the Salt Lake valley. Mayor Ralph Becker, son of our Washington, D.C. founding member Ann Becker, will welcome us to his city.
Thursday is filled with workshops that will address issues pertinent to running your chapters, including important website training, audit information, the Roche/ARCS Foundation Scholar Award program, and the new University Relations handbook.
Thursday evening we have been given the extraordinary opportunity to attend a rehearsal of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Friday, after an inspiring and educational morning followed by a tour of the Moran Eye Center in the afternoon, we will have our final dining experience at the Leonardo Museum. Saturday morning will be our National Annual Meeting. This is the only all-member meeting of the year and I think it is important for every member of ARCS Foundation to attend. Our annual meeting will be followed by a private tour of the Natural History Museum of Utah.
As you can see, it is going to be an interesting and fun filled 3 days. As an airline hub city, Salt Lake City is an easy and economical destination and the Grand America Hotel has given us greatly discounted room rates. The fall weather in September should be beautiful and a great time to extend your stay to do some extra sightseeing or hiking in the incredible Wasatch mountains. Let’s make this the best attended NAM yet!
ARCS Foundation National Board
Early Bird / Register and Pay by August 15th $500.00
(NO LONGER AVAILABLE)
Payment received after August 15th $525.00
Activities included in Registration Fee:
- Wednesday Evening Opening Reception at The Point - Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Thursday Morning Workshop
Workshop I: University Relations Requirements and updated Manual followed by Roche/ARCS Foundation Scholar Awards Program, welcoming all Chapter Presidents, Finance VP's, Treasurers and Chapter UR VP's.
- Thursday ARCS Light Luncheon
- Thursday Afternoon Workshops
Workshop II: Web Lab: Improving Chapter Management and Effectiveness – Learn best practices and increase Chapter effectiveness by using the website to manage Emails, Members, and Scholars. We’ll also unveil updated training resources that should answer all your questions about the website from A to Z.
Workshop III: Audit, Financial Statements, Tax Reporting and related Compliance issues
- Thursday Early Dinner at Grand America
- Thursday Evening Mormon Tabernacle Rehearsal (following dinner)
- Friday General Session
Welcome by David W. Pershing, PhD, President of the University of Utah. Speakers and presentations shall follow.
- Friday Lunch
- Friday Reception and Dinner at The Leonardo
- Saturday Morning Annual Meeting
- Saturday Trip to the Natural History Museum of Utah
Optional Activities @ $25/person:
- Thursday Afternoon's Men's Trip to the Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah / Max 40 people
- Friday Afternoon Trip to the Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah / Max 40 people
- Friday Afternoon Trip to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts on the campus of the University of Utah
- Friday Afternoon Trip to Red Butte Gardens
- For questions regarding the registration process only, contact Beth Wainwright, email@example.com
- For questions regarding your hotel reservation only, contact Di Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-538-2752
- For all other general NAM questions, contact NAM Director, Judith Miller, email@example.com, 323-333-9070
555 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111